Struggling with an AC that cools but doesn’t banish humidity? It’s a common issue, and merely lowering the thermostat won’t solve it. Uncover the reasons behind this vexing problem and learn effective solutions for a genuinely comfortable home.
Top Reasons Why Your AC Is Cooling But Not Removing Humidity
We get it; there’s nothing more frustrating than feeling that persistent stickiness in your home, even when the air conditioner is running. At Lincoln Heating & Air, we understand how crucial it is for your comfort system to not just cool the air, but to remove excess humidity as well. So why does this issue arise? Let’s delve into the top reasons.
Oversized AC Unit
An oversized AC unit might promise more power, but it can actually make your indoor air uncomfortably humid. An air conditioning system that’s too large for your space can quickly drop the temperature but fails in removing humidity in your home. The consequence is an indoor environment that feels damp and might even have spots of warm air.
Many homeowners mistakenly use their air conditioner’s ‘cool’ setting instead of ‘auto,’ thinking it would be more efficient. However, this setting causes the fan to run non-stop, affecting the cold evaporator coils’ ability to properly drain moisture. The downside? Any moisture condensed on these cold coils isn’t effectively drained and instead gets circulated back into the room, generating high humidity levels.
Blocked or Dirty Drain Lines
Your AC unit is designed to collect moisture from the air and drain it away through specialized lines. If these drain lines are blocked or if the evaporator coil is dirty, this moisture-removal process is hampered. The result is that your AC may cool the air but fails to remove the lingering moisture, leaving your indoor environment feeling muggy.
Lack of Maintenance
Regular maintenance is the cornerstone of an efficiently operating AC unit. When filters get clogged, or parts aren’t lubricated as they should be, the machine’s performance suffers. In the context of humidity, a poorly maintained AC unit will struggle to properly dehumidify your home. Make regular maintenance a priority to ensure your unit operates at peak performance.
Old or Inefficient Unit
With time, all machinery wears down, and your air conditioner is no exception. Older units often suffer from declining efficiency, affecting not just their cooling capabilities but also their dehumidifying function. If your AC unit is past its prime, you might experience subpar moisture removal, indicating it may be time to upgrade to a more efficient model.
Leaky ducts are a common issue that many homeowners overlook. When your ducts have gaps or leaks, hot and humid air from outside can seep into your cooling system. This not only places an additional burden on your AC unit but also counteracts its dehumidifying function, making it challenging for the unit to maintain comfortable indoor humidity levels.
At Lincoln Heating & Air, we’re dedicated to solving these kinds of challenges for our customers. By understanding these common issues, you can take steps to improve your home’s comfort and your AC’s efficiency.
We Can Fix Your AC!
At Lincoln Heating & Air, we understand how frustrating it can be when your AC unit is cooling but not reducing humidity. It’s a comfort issue that goes beyond just indoor temperature; it affects your entire living space and even your health. That’s why we offer comprehensive solutions tailored to get your unit back in top-notch shape.
- Expert Diagnosis: Our licensed and certified technicians will conduct a thorough inspection to identify the root cause of your AC’s inability to remove humidity. Whether it’s incorrect settings, blocked drain lines, or any other issues, we’ll pinpoint the problem.
- Skilled Repairs and Adjustments: Once we know what’s wrong, our experienced technicians will get to work, making precise adjustments or repairs. We use high-quality parts and our extensive know-how to ensure the job is done right.
- Regular Maintenance Services: The best way to avoid issues with your AC unit is routine maintenance. We can set up a maintenance schedule that suits your needs, aiming to prevent future problems and prolong the life of your unit.
- Upgrades and Replacements: If your AC unit is old and inefficient, sometimes the best solution is a replacement. We can recommend the most energy-efficient models that are just right for your space and handle the installation for you.
- Emergency Services: Issues with air conditioners can happen at the most inconvenient times, which is why we offer 24/7 emergency service. We’ll be there when you need us most to solve any air conditioning issues you might have.
Remember, we’re not just about fixes; we’re about finding the ultimate comfort solution for you. So, if you’re struggling with an AC that’s cooling but not removing humidity, let us handle it. Your comfort is our business, and we aim to please.
Take Action Now for a Comfortable Tomorrow
With Lincoln Heating & Air, achieve the perfect indoor air quality you’ve always wanted. No more compromising on comfort or wrestling with persistent humidity. Our experts are ready to diagnose, repair, or upgrade your AC system to ensure optimal cooling and air conditioner humidity reduction. Act now—schedule your service appointment today and experience home comfort at its finest. Your ideal living environment is just a phone call away.